Fair stands for the freedom of personal mobility to all who want it. Every member of our team is dedicated the cause. Fairness matters.
We understand your concerns about privacy. When you use the Fair mobile application ("App") and our websites, products or services (collectively, the "Services"), you trust us with your information. We want to assure you that we respect your privacy and the confidential nature of the information that we gather during the course of our relationship with you.
How We Collect Information.
Personal Information.When you use the App, we collect personal information that you provide via forms, applications, surveys and other online fields. This information may include your name, postal or email address, social security number, mobile telephone number(s), username and password.
Privacy Notices.If you obtain Services through us, we will use and share information we collect from or about you in accordance with our Privacy Notice, found here. California residents: View the California opt-out notice here. These documents offer some choices with respect to the use and sharing of your personal information.
Nonpersonal Information.You can download and use the App to obtain certain information without telling us who you are and without revealing any personally identifiable information. During these types of visits, we may collect, analyze, or share information on an anonymized basis, such as the time and length of your use, your internet service provider ("ISP"), your internet protocol ("IP") address, location-based data, the information you access, device or browser information, and the date and time of those requests. We use this information to generate statistics and measure App activity in order to improve the usefulness of the App and the customer experience.
We may also automatically gather and store information that does not identify individual users. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, ISP, referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information to improve the usability of our Services.
Why We Need Your Information.
We process and use this data in part to:
- Process your request for Services, products or information and verify your identity;
- Improve the quality of our Services and develop new ones;
- Improve security by protecting against fraud and abuse;
- Allow you to access Services and accounts, and to service your account;
- Provide you with personalized offers;
- Comply with applicable legal requirements; and
- Conduct analytics and measurement to understand how our Services are used.
How We Share Your Information.
We may share information with our service providers, affiliates and other third parties for the reasons specified above and in accordance with the Privacy Notice. Where applicable, we limit sharing your personal information, and you may opt out of certain sharing as specified in the Privacy Notice and the California opt-out notice (if applicable).
We may share the personal information we collect from or about you with third parties, such as companies performing services on our behalf to provide the products or services you have requested. As permitted by law, we may also share information collected about you with companies with whom we have joint marketing agreements to offer you products and services. We may share information about you with our affiliates (i.e., other companies in the Fair family) and with nonaffiliates for analysis, market research and marketing purposes as allowed by law. We may also disclose information about you as required or permitted by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, respond to inquiries from government authorities or defend legal actions.
To protect the confidentiality and security of your personal information transmitted to us, we maintain appropriate administrative, technical and physical safeguards that comply with applicable federal standards. We restrict access to the personal information obtained from our website to only those employees, agents and contractors who need it to do their jobs. If you choose to complete and submit a credit application to us, or to access your account through our App, your personally identifiable information will be transmitted via an encryption process. We also require our service providers with whom we contract to protect customer information, and to use the information they collect or receive for the purpose of providing the services they provide for us. Please note, however, that no data transmission over the Internet or other network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. It is your responsibility to keep your username and password confidential and safe. We will retain your information in accordance with our data retention policies including for the purposes of servicing your relationships with us, if any, and for internal analysis.
Third Party Links.
Changes to this Policy.
Pursuant to Connecticut General Statutes Sec. Section 42-471, it is the policy of Fair to protect the privacy of your personal information by doing the following:
- Safeguarding any data, computer files and documents containing your personal information from any misuse by third parties;
- Destroying, erasing or making unreadable any data, computer files and documents containing your personal information prior to their disposal;
- Protecting the confidentiality of your Social Security number and other personal information;
- Prohibiting the unlawful disclosure of your Social Security number and other personal information;
- Limiting and/or restricting the access to your Social Security number and other personal information to other third parties; and
- Limiting the access of your Social Security number and other personal information only to our employees who need access to your personal information in order to allow us to provide legal services to you, limiting the access of these employees to extent that it is needed, and otherwise imposing restrictions and reasonable safeguards on our employees to prevent them from accessing your personal information.
In the event that there is ever a breach of security regarding your personal information, we intend to comply with applicable state and federal law requirements regarding the notification and disclosure to you and to the appropriate authorities of the circumstances surrounding the breach.
“Personal information” for this section is defined as any information that you may provide to us that can be used to identify you individually, including but not limited to your name, email address, home address, telephone or fax numbers, Social Security number, driver’s license number, state identification card number, bank account number, credit card or debit card number, passport number, alien registration number, as well as any company account number that we assign to you.
If you have any questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.